After my initial mock up pieces, it taught me how to build my vessels successfully and how I needed to not edge along the whole of the side edge of the larger pieces, as this would effect the overall look and how stable the slab is in comparison to the rest of the vessel. Also, through practice, it has helped me to join the pieces better together, especially when applying the wet clay in-between the joins and making it smooth. Although these pieces aren’t fired, I feel that they will make for better pieces than my mock pieces they appear smoother, straighter and more stable. The slabs overall were more effective also, as rolling them out was more successful, the slabs were more even all over and therefore would fire better without any cracks (hopefully!) When I did my mock pieces I also scored the edges too close to the edge of the clay, as the edges were on the outside face of the clay and thinner after edging them for slabbing, the clay dried here quicker, so when scoring some of the clay fell away making it uneven and messy. With my final pieces I made sure to stay in the centre of the scored edge to keep from making my piece overall more uneven. This may cause them to fall over or sit uneven on a surface, making them impractical. I also applied white decorating slip with wood shavings incorporated into the slip to make the faces of the pieces textured. Hopefully when they’re removed from the kiln they will look good!